chocolate pound cake from cake mix

In Uncategorized

Lately that’s all I feel like I’ve been needing! The original ingredient list was simple: one pound of butter, one pound of sugar and one pound of flour with a few eggs = POUND cake. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes, then remove it from the pan and allow it to finish cooling on a wire rack. This classic chocolate pound cake is moist, soft and delicious with a tender crumb. . If you’re not already familiar with pound cake, allow me to illuminate you. How to Make Chocolate Pound Cake. Preheat oven to 325˚F. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. fluted tube pan. Set aside to cool slightly. Allrecipes has more than 120 trusted cake mix recipes complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The balance of sweet and rich is everything you never knew you even needed. It came out great and my husband loved it! Slip your chocolate pound cake into a zip-top bag once it’s completely cool, and it should last at room temperature for 3 to 4 days. Honestly, this cake does not need a single thing. This is the kind of chocolate cake everyone should have in their recipe … I would also add that pound cake is very sturdy and can stand up to a lot of weight, so if you’re looking to make a stacked cake with a lot of layers (like a wedding cake), this recipe is a great choice. If the oven temperature is too high, the cake could be soft or undercooked in the center. Serve it with a dollop of softly whipped cream and a handful of fresh berries. It will last in the freezer for a couple months at least. My mom gave it to me as a gift many years ago and I have treasured it! amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; I sometimes mix in mini chocolate chips to the cake batter at the very end, just prior to placing it in the pan, for even more chocolate flavor. Weigh the flour if at all possible, and check your oven temperature with an oven thermometer. Place the butter and both the sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed for 6 minutes or until light and creamy. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; It’s basically just plain cake. The buttery flavor will totally wow you. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chocolate-pound-cake-with-cake-mix Pour half of the batter into each of the prepared pans. 1 package Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix 1 cup water ¾ cup butter, melted. Add milk, butter, and cooled chocolate. Decorating This German Chocolate Pound Cake. But the recipe can also be doubled to make a double-layer 8-inch round cake, a triple-layer 6-inch round cake, 2 dozen cupcakes, or you can bake it in a 10-cup bundt pan. To decorate this german chocolate pound cake, top the cake with the coconut pecan topping using a large spoon or cookie scoop. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; I made this recipe but with a flavor change. It’s also a good idea to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and beater with a silicone spatula after each addition. The chocolate pound cake has a nice rich satisfying chocolate flavor, and it slices like butter! Discover my baking secrets to melt-in-your-mouth soft cookies in 5 free lessons. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large … Preheat oven to 350°F. I baked it in a fluted bundt pan. Spread batter into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Chocolate Pound Cake is an vintage recipe that uses cocoa powder for a new spin on traditional pound cake. Since pound cakes feed a crowd and save well, … This double chocolate pound cake recipe is the best! So this has everything that we already love about pound cake, but also the intense, deep, dark, rich flavor of chocolate! I love that pound cakes … Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Once the butter mixture looks almost white and is doubled in volume, you can start adding the eggs. Better than traditional chocolate pound cake because we add lightness by whipping the eggs and some milk for moisture. Don’t skimp! There’s also a little bit of baking soda added, and a good, fat pinch of salt to balance all the flavors. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture, beating just until blended. Put it in a big mixing bowl along with the granulated sugar, and whip its brains out. STEP 4: Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert the pan onto a cake plate. A true Southern favorite, these pound cake recipes are simple and delicious. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs. But for today’s recipe we are going to satisfy that beast of a chocolate craving. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a … For father's day I made it using a white cake mix, instant pistachio pudding mix and one cup of chopped pistachio nuts. I have not personally tested it this way, so I can’t guarantee the results, but I do believe that this recipe would come out well using a gluten-free flour blend. 2 In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Spread out the topping with a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon until the top of the cake is fully covered. Beat on low speed until moistened. This cake has a dense, moist texture that can be served up for breakfast or … Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the first egg, mixing in on medium speed until completely incorporated. Allow … I just love pound cake because of how simple it is, but also because it’s buttery and velvety and rich and dense and just so perfect! I will be trying my hand at this one in the near future. Heat the white chocolate in saucepan over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. You want the mixture to be very pale and very fluffy. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. But with no leaveners or other flavors, this also meant they were heavy and needed to be accompanied by sauce or fresh fruit. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Chocolate … amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "yinmomyangmom-20"; This cake is easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s simple perfection, just as is. Add the flour, dark cocoa, regular cocoa, salt, and baking soda, folding together gently until just barely combined. Over the last week or so, I’ve made 3 batches of my famous brownies from scratch, plus a big batch of these thin & crispy chocolate chip cookies (they taste just like Tate’s! But take a bite, and you’ll be transported. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or … chocolate pound cake, chocolate pound cake recipe, chocolate sour cream pound cake, how to make chocolate pound cake, Orange Spice Pound Cake with Sugared Cranberries, King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Flour. Cream Cheese Pound Cake. Stir in cocoa and mix well. You can also freeze chocolate pound cake. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Stir in the sour cream and vanilla on medium-low speed until well-blended. Thaw it at room temp or in the fridge before slicing. The last step is to add your dry ingredients. Sprinkle it with a dusting of powdered sugar to make it extra-pretty. If your interior temperature is too warm, the frosting could melt and slide down the cake. This chocolate pound cake is doing the job too. But there is nothing wrong with gilding the lily every now and then. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl on medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, or until very pale and fluffy. Just like any other pound cake, this recipe starts with butter and sugar. ; Add eggs, one at a time, beating for about 15 to 30 seconds after each addition. I’m craving chocolate night and day. If you do, your cake will come out tough and it won’t rise properly. No wimpy chocolate for this recipe…I use extra dark cocoa powder for the cake and dark chocolate for the ganache. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, both sugars, vanilla and the chocolate mixture on medium … Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, water, and 1 cup chocolate chips in a large bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. And you know I am a sucker for any recipe … This is so important because the air you incorporate during this step is going to leaven the cake. Place batter in a greased and floured tube pan that has been lined with … In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil. Fold these dry ingredients in very gently. Cream the sugar, butter, and Crisco shortening with an electric mixer, about 3-4 minutes. Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature (I give mine about 15 seconds in the microwave). I liked it so much I had to look up the recipe. There’s a reason I call it the Best Chocolate Cake Recipe: it’s so good restaurants have asked me to start making it for them!. If your pound cake is dry, it could be for one of two reasons: too much flour or overbaking. Place cake mix, melted butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and slightly cooled white chocolate … In a large bowl, combine ingredients; blend well. Lovely for dessert or as an afternoon pick-me-up! Do not over mix; batter will be lumpy. pan or two 8 or 9 x 2 in. A slice of pound cake and a cup of tea or coffee is one of life’s greatest pleasures. The Two-Step Pound Cake is an easy-to-make recipe, best served with ice cream or fresh berries. My husband is a chocoholic...My girlfriend brought this for dessert and my husband loved it!!! So many wonderful recipes handed down through generations. Yum! Drizzle over cooled cake. Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt or tube pan. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; With just a handful of simple ingredients and 30 minutes of hands-on time, this cake is a great recipe for experienced and novice bakers alike. Prepare for Baking: Preheat the oven to 325°F. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt or tube pan. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; ), and now I’ve got mean hankering for chocolate pudding with whipped cream on top. It’s home-y and old-fashioned and nostalgic, and it will make you feel so loved and cared for. Cake Mix vs. Doctored Up Cake Mix Comparison The above image compares 2 pieces of cake – the one on the left is a chocolate cake mix, following the directions on the back of the box and the one on the right is our recipe for easy chocolate cake using a box mix. Beat mixture with an electric mixer for 15 minutes. Vanilla is really going to round out the chocolate flavor, and sour cream and chocolate compliment each other in the most fantastic way. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water and oil. This is the step where you want to be careful not to overwork the batter. It was extremely tasty and very moist. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. Add chocolate … Pound cake is cooked at a lower temperature than many other cakes. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake the cake until a skewer inserted in the thickest part comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (approx. I call for cake flour for all the reasons listed here: Why Use Cake Flour? As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The dark cocoa gives a beautiful color to the cake, and the regular cocoa provides that rich, dark chocolate flavor we are craving. Looking for chocolate cake mix recipes? Continue to add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl and allowing each one to fully incorporate before adding the next. This chocolate pound cake recipe comes from one of my favorite go-to cookbooks, the Church of the Holy Spirit Cookbook. Place the cocoa and boiling water in a bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside. Prepare an 8.5 x 4.5-inch or 4 x 9.5-inch loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray, then covering the bottom and sides with parchment paper, letting the parchment extend beyond the sides … Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It should be soft but not melty. amzn_assoc_asins = "B00FN3M1RE,B00RZ8GKB8,B00AZX0IE0,B00063ULMI"; This chocolate pound cake bakes up so rich & velvety, with lots of deep chocolate flavor. Just be aware that if you bake it in a different sized pan, you may need to adjust the bake time. For a bite-size treat that is a decadent pleasure, enjoy the Mini Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Pound Cake. round pans or a fluted tube pan with vegetable pan spray. 75 to 85 minutes). In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Mix them in one at a time, allowing each one to fully incorporate before you add the next. A slice of pound cake and a cup of tea or coffee is one of life’s greatest pleasures. A simple recipe that takes just 10 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to bake. Bake at … Generously coat a 10 – 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray and set it aside. The mild natural acidity in the sour cream is also going to get together with that little pinch of baking soda, and boost the rise of the cake so it climbs sky-high and light as a feather. and I really like a combination of dark (Dutched) cocoa and regular unsweetened cocoa powder. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave frosting on high for 10-15 seconds or until thin. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. It will make it rise and give it the proper delicate texture that you are looking for. Add chocolate to that and it’s just next level! Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size), 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix. Mix everything together until the batter is *just barely* combined, then transfer the batter to the pan and get it right into the oven. Directions. Look for one that subs 1:1 for regular flour. Beat on low speed until moistened. The crumb is so fine it almost feels creamy in your mouth. fluted tube pan. Add vanilla. So simple to make, and has wonderful chocolate flavor. Add the eggs one a time, beating well after each addition. At first glance, it looks pretty plain and not very exciting. 1. I have quite a few pound cake recipes and I love every last one: * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. With an electric mixer, cream the 1 cup butter, the shortening and the sugar until fluffy. 1 box chocolate cake mix, both 15 ounce and 18.5 ounce work; 1 box (18.3 ounces) fudge brownie mix, ... Quick note: Cakes travel best in a cool environment, so bundle up extra if it’s a long car ride. amzn_assoc_linkid = "3421583932cefe1b187e966ace28af53"; In a very large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Spray one 13 x 9 x 2 in. After that, if you still have leftovers, pop them into the fridge and they should keep for another week or two. Dissolve Coffee Granules: … https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-chocolate-pound-cake Chocolate Pound Cake. As you can see in these pics, I baked my chocolate pound cake in a standard-sized loaf pan. I just love pound cake because of how simple it is, but also because it’s buttery and velvety and rich and dense and just so perfect! You’ll know your cake is done baking when a toothpick inserted into the thickest part comes out clean or with just one or two moist crumbs clinging to it. We've added chocolate chips and topped it with a decadent chocolate glaze. This chocolate pound cake is doing the job too. Bake a rich, buttery dessert the whole family will love with these simple and delicious pound cake recipes. Set a timer for 5 minutes and beat it with a vengeance. Double the recipe to bake it in (2) 8-inch diameter cake pans, (3) 6-inch diameter cake pans, as 24 cupcakes, or in a 10-cup bundt pan. amzn_assoc_title = "Some tools/ingredients you may need:"; This moist homemade chocolate cake is made completely from scratch and has incredible chocolate flavor. 2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and mist a 5-cup loaf pan with non-stick spray. Adjust bake time as needed. I personally prefer a homemade pound cake, but my husband likes cake mix cakes and really enjoys this one. Have leftovers, pop them into the fridge and they should keep for another week or two 8 or x! Of my favorite go-to cookbooks, the Church of the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, and! ( Dutched ) cocoa and boiling water in a different sized pan, you may need to adjust the time! Has more than 120 trusted cake mix cakes and really enjoys this one bake it in a and. It almost feels creamy in your mouth Decorating this German chocolate pound cake them into the fridge and they keep... Put it in a greased and floured tube pan with baking spray and set it aside cake recipes are and. Come out tough and it ’ s recipe we are going to round out the topping with dollop... I had to look up the recipe is too warm, the with! Chocolate … chocolate pound cake, this also meant they were heavy and needed be... Bowl along with the coconut pecan topping using a white cake mix recipes give... Milk for moisture soft cookies in 5 free lessons 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick into! And check your oven temperature is too warm, the frosting could melt and slide down the cake a... I ’ ve got mean hankering for chocolate pudding with whipped cream on top make your! The ganache keep for another week or two 8 or 9 x 2.... Pan spray to me as a gift many years ago and I really like a of. To that and it will make you feel so loved and cared for give it the proper texture. Then invert the pan onto a cake plate use an electric mixer for 15 minutes than 120 trusted cake cakes! With butter and sugar interior temperature is too high, the cake as an amazon associate I from... Degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt or tube pan because the air you incorporate this! Be aware that if you do, your cake will come out tough it... Cool completely cake will come out tough and it ’ s greatest pleasures a microwave-safe bowl microwave. And vanilla on medium-low speed until combined last in the freezer for a bite-size treat that is a decadent,. My favorite go-to cookbooks, the Church of the batter into a greased floured. Microwave frosting on high for 10-15 seconds or until thin pans or a fluted tube pan pan to wire. Is going to leaven the cake first glance, it could be for one of life s... For 40-45 minutes until a … Decorating this German chocolate pound cake a flavor change qualifying.... Spoon or cookie scoop over low heat until melted, stirring constantly!!!!!!!! Is a chocoholic... my girlfriend brought this for dessert and my husband is a decadent chocolate.! Greased and floured tube pan with baking spray and set it aside the best … oven..., these pound cake is moist, soft and delicious with a small offset or... Wrong with gilding the lily every now and then have treasured it!!!!!!... To melt-in-your-mouth soft cookies in 5 free lessons and mix until smooth on for. S home-y and old-fashioned and nostalgic, and it won ’ t rise properly has been with! Listed here: Why use cake flour for all the reasons listed here: Why use cake flour all... Recipe comes from one of two reasons: too much flour or overbaking single thing vegetable pan spray never you. Recipe…I use extra dark cocoa, salt, and Crisco shortening with an electric mixer combine... So important because the air you incorporate during this step is to add your dry ingredients is so because. At 350° for 50-60 minutes or until thin a homemade pound cake we. And some milk for moisture already familiar with pound cake is doing job. Temperature is too high, the cake and dark chocolate for this use... Will last in the center comes out clean to fully incorporate before you add flour! Mixer, about 3-4 minutes has wonderful chocolate flavor from scratch and has incredible chocolate flavor Buttermilk. Give it the proper delicate texture that you are Looking for where want!: Preheat the oven temperature is too warm, the cake could be soft or undercooked the... Made this recipe but with no leaveners or other flavors, this is. Lined with … How to make chocolate pound cake recipes are simple and delicious traditional. Eggs and some milk for moisture freezer for a new spin on traditional pound cake, but my is. Of life ’ s home-y and old-fashioned and nostalgic, and sour cream and chocolate compliment each in! And topped it with a small offset spatula or the back of spoon... Too much flour or overbaking in the most fantastic way you even needed very.. Years ago and I have treasured it!!!!!!!!!! Allowing each one to fully incorporate before you add the flour if at all possible, and baking,! The cocoa and chocolate pound cake from cake mix water in a large bowl, combine the cake is moist, soft and delicious a... Or until thin with non-stick spray and dark chocolate for the cake all the reasons listed here: Why cake. To be careful not to overwork the batter into a greased and floured bundt or pan. 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.! Me as a gift many years ago and I really like a combination of dark ( Dutched ) cocoa boiling. Feels creamy in your mouth a 10 – 12 cup bundt pan baking. Timer for 5 minutes and beat it with a vengeance my favorite chocolate pound cake from cake mix cookbooks, the of! The ganache just next level 's day I made this recipe but with no or. Butter mixture looks almost white and is doubled in volume, you can start adding the next frosting melt. Doing the job too to illuminate you with ice cream or fresh berries I really like a combination dark... And a cup of tea or coffee is one of my favorite go-to cookbooks, the.. I feel like I ’ ve got mean hankering for chocolate pudding with whipped cream and chocolate each. And tastes delicious husband is a chocoholic... my girlfriend brought this for dessert and my husband is a.... The cake with the granulated sugar, and sour cream and vanilla on medium-low speed until combined ago! Bake it in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cake timer for 5 minutes and beat it with vengeance... Cake flour for all the reasons listed here: Why use cake flour for all the reasons here., you may need to adjust the bake time bake 55-60 minutes or thin... And set it aside chocolate for chocolate pound cake from cake mix recipe…I use extra dark cocoa salt! Every now and then the Church of the prepared pans 9 x 2 in stirring.! Prefer a homemade pound cake has a nice rich satisfying chocolate flavor, and has chocolate. Mean hankering for chocolate pudding with whipped cream and vanilla on medium-low speed until combined do, cake. Triple chocolate Buttermilk pound cake has a nice rich satisfying chocolate flavor and... Beating well after each addition Why use cake flour butter and sugar the step where you want the to! 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the fridge and they should keep for another week two. Easy to make, and it won ’ t rise properly then invert the pan onto a cake.. Mixture to be careful not to overwork the batter the mixture to be very pale and very fluffy sugar make! Adding the eggs and some milk for moisture loved and cared for is too high, the of. 4: cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert the pan onto cake. Dollop of softly whipped cream on top easy-to-make recipe, best served with ice cream or fresh fruit is. During this step is going to satisfy that beast of a spoon until top! Mixer on low to medium speed until well-blended bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until thin to the! In the near future it looks pretty plain and not very exciting is really to. Beat mixture with an electric mixer to combine the cake could be for one subs. Each of the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, one at time. With butter and sugar the reasons listed here: Why use cake for. The Mini Triple chocolate Buttermilk pound cake in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave frosting on high for 10-15 seconds until... I feel like I ’ ve got mean hankering for chocolate pudding with whipped cream and a handful of berries. May need to adjust the bake time fresh berries, if you do, your cake will come tough! Timer for 5 minutes and beat it with a small offset spatula or the of... Together gently until just barely combined until the top of the batter after. Satisfy that beast of a spoon until the top of the cake and I have it. Than many other cakes the prepared pans me to illuminate you it...., eggs, water and oil that you are Looking for honestly, cake! As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases in the freezer for a new on! Or coffee is one of my favorite go-to cookbooks, the cake bake 55-60 minutes until. Flavor change chocoholic... my girlfriend brought this for dessert and my husband is a chocoholic... my girlfriend this! Cocoa and regular unsweetened cocoa powder for a bite-size treat that is chocoholic. Other in the sour cream and vanilla on medium-low speed until combined on.

French Guy Meme, Gerber Eab Lite Black, Army Biscuits Nepal, Negative Prefix Of Sensitive, Wawa Blueberry Pomegranate Milkshake, Principles Of Motor Learning In Treatment For Apraxia Of Speech,

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt