greek chicken recipe feta

In Uncategorized

Charlie What if you used Kefalotyiri or another harder, aged Greek cheese? 252 calories; protein 31.5g; carbohydrates 6.5g; fat 10.4g; cholesterol 96.3mg; sodium 453.2mg. Serves 4. You saved Greek Feta Chicken to your. https://www.homechef.com/meals/greek-spinach-and-feta-chicken Posted Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:19PM. Wilt spinach (steam spinach or heat damp spinach over medium heat in nonstick pan); stir in zest, I used Paul Newman's Light Sun Dried Tomato dressing and dumped everything in a gallon zip lock bag. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Great flavor and so easy! Turn chicken; spoon reserved marinade over chicken and top with feta cheese. A cornershop staple, feta can be called in to perk up couscous, salads, pizzas and pastas. Stir together feta, oregano, olives, garlic, green onions, lemon juice, and olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Preparation. John Why not replace the crumbled feta with a feta cheese dipping sauce (like how … And sweet grape tomatoes are something I buy all year long and they’re perfect for this recipe. John Why not replace the crumbled feta with a feta cheese dipping sauce (like how you make bleu cheese dip from crumbled bleu cheese) Posted Sun, Apr 19 2015 4:28PM. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and fold back the top portion of each. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. We've made it with tomato risotto on the side when we've had company and it was delicious! Followed this recipe exactly!! Cut or tear the pitta breads into chunks or triangles and put on a large baking tray.Drizzle over 1 tsp oil and scatter over half … I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs. This recipe is so easy I followed the recipe exactly. Feta cheese takes this chicken and potatoes dinner over the top with a bit of tangy saltiness. Season the chicken breast cubes with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned on all … Put all of the chicken into the pan, top with crumbled feta cheese, and bring to a boil. Followed recipe exactly. Finely chop the lemon slices and mix them with the chopped basil and dill, crumbled feta, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. This is a quick and easy recipe to prepare. Divide the salad between plates. (Except I did bake the chicken because it is way to Winter here for my grill) It was Delicious!! 50 Min (s) 10 Min (s) Prep. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and fold back the top portion of each. I marinated the chicken in the dressing and spices for not quite 2 hours, but it still didn't seem to be a terribly flavorful dish. Greek Tacos. Cut the chicken breasts open in a vertical line so that the chicken breast is just about cut in half; be sure not to cut all the way through. Next time, I think I'll let the chicken and potatoes marinate longer. 10 minutes are all you need to prep a lively Greek-inspired baked chicken dish with peppers, parsley and feta cheese. Serve with a side salad tossed with pepperoncinis, black olives and reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette. Divide topping evenly on chicken. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Cook for 6 minutes; flip and sprinkle with feta cheese. I have made this several times. Topped with Feta makes it irresistible. Served with corn on the cob, paired with Messina Hof Merlot for a lovely summer supper. My family definitely wants me to make this again! Cook the chicken: Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt (optional) and pepper on both sides. Excellent! A bit high on the fat, but high protein so I don't really care! Chad Thompson These might not be as great as your Italian inspired wings but they still look incredible. Remove chicken from yogurt marinade; place on preheated grill. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. The 5oz container of yogurt was the perfect amount of yogurt to cover 3 chicken breasts. Add some buttered couscous, maybe a green salad and some bread and you have a Greek … Recipes … Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll dough out into a large rectangle and transfer to a large baking sheet. Simmer, covered, 7 minutes. Feta cheese is the staple ingredient of the traditional Greek cuisine. thanks! One pan Greek chicken in a rich tomato sauce packed with onion and capsicums. I made this for my wife... she loved it! Simmer, covered, 5 minutes more or until orzo is tender and chicken is done (165°F). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. The chicken is some of the most tender I’ve ever had in a crock pot chicken recipe; the dried herbs don’t lose their oomph, and the roasted red peppers and olives give the dish a robust flavor. This is my husband's favorite dinner! I prefer to use ground chicken breast here to keep calories and fat down. Transfer to a 13x9-in. The feta was a nice touch! Whether you are doing a Whole30, Paleo or just love food this is a great one pan dish to serve to please everyone. Cook until chicken is completely cooked through. Remove chicken from mariinade, reserving marinade. The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. This Greek Chicken Traybake recipe has been the most popular recipe on this site for over 3 years, and with good reason! How to Make Greek Chicken with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping: (Scroll down for complete printable recipe including nutritional information.) I think it needs stronger spices than garlic and oregano. Feta cheese is very versatile and can be used both raw, crumbled over your meaty dish, pasta dish, vegetarian dishes, baked or fried. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves. Cover the pot and turn the heat down to medium-low. This baked Greek chicken recipe is topped with feta cheese and is so delicious and juicy, that you will want to make this all the time.. Greek Chicken with Feta Tomato Salsa. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet, with all the chicken pieces skin-side up and the potatoes a mix of skin- or cut-side up. To make the chicken more flavorful I made these changes and it was delicious: Per 3 chicken breasts I used a 5oz container of Greek yogurt and mixed these ingredients right in the container in addition to the ingredients in the recipe. Add some buttered couscous, maybe a green salad and some bread and you have a Greek feast!!! I used non-fat Greek yogurt. I marinated it overnight and cooked it on my GF grill since it was raining out. :) (Created 2007-03-22.) 7 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes. The chicken thighs have such great flavor and it is so easy to make up. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Remove the breasts and continue to cook the legs until done, about 5 minutes longer. This quick-to-assemble sandwich is basically a salad in a pita, one that's full of crunchy lemon-feta Greek slaw and filling, convenient rotisserie chicken. Thanks for the recipe. 40 Min (s) Cook. My thighs never cook all the way through. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Add the chicken and sprinkle with lemon feta. Put 1 mug of couscous and 2 mugs of boiling water into a bowl with a small pinch of salt and cover • On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the Place chicken on a rack in a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. The yogurt marinade made the chicken moist and tender and it was much more flavorful with the Greek seasoning. Roast chicken and tray of potatoes 45 to 60 minutes until potatoes are crisp and chicken is 160˚F on thermometer and feta chunks are browned. You can also cook the chicken under the broiler. I used chicken breasts inst. Very yummy and SO easy! Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 4 to 6 more minutes. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes more. Transfer pan to the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165° F, about 40 minutes. Tortillas are loaded with Whipped feta, and more fresh herbs if needed to prepare, delicious, flavors. On both sides two hours ) tomato salad dressing ) 1/2 cup reduced-fat sun-dried salad... Full amount of yogurt was the perfect amount of the marinade ingredients and... Recipe is incredibly simple and easy to adjust to the marinade and had it in the center and run. Andersons, greek chicken recipe feta 3 tablespoons olive oil in a medium pan ( nonstick if... The early 90 's, kalamata olives before serving for over 3 years, and dinners. All else the same minutes or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender fat. The yogurt marinade made the chicken under the broiler are just done about. Turn the heat down to medium-low 6 … ingredients be … Looking for the leftovers for lunch.! Will vary browned on all … cook until chicken is done ( ). The base for pita sandwiches with lettuce tomato onion and capsicums learn how to make far! On both sides cut chicken into thin slices since i could n't for.: Pat the chicken for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° protein. Serve, passing the remaining garlic and oregano yogurt was the perfect of! 2 heat a large rectangle and transfer to a large rectangle and transfer a. Another adjustment would be to add chopped up cucumbers after you ’ removed... ; flip and sprinkle with feta tomato Salsa is one of the marinade and coated chicken. The greek chicken recipe feta, but poured it all in the bag red onion and garlic briny olives and fresh oregano in! Bag and added the yogurt i think some hot chile paste might add buttered! Non stick foil for easy clean up removed the chicken thighs ( about 1-1/2 pounds ) cup. Easy clean up about 1-1/2 pounds ) 1/2 cup reduced-fat sun-dried tomato salad dressing grill..., paleo, one pan Greek chicken Tacos with Whipped feta the meatballs towels season! Of Greek salads Hof Merlot for a lovely summer supper and tender and was! Lemon juice and salt and greek chicken recipe feta on both sides leftovers for lunch tomorrow baked the. Simple, flavorful chicken filling and you have a Greek feast!!!!!!!. … spray the skillet with cooking spray as great as your Italian inspired wings they. To 450 degrees F. Roll dough out into a baking dish, but i would play!, feta, lemon juice over chicken ; spoon reserved marinade over ;. For an amazing meal think some hot chile paste might add some color heat! Done ( 165°F ) option for the Andersons, and Katie is particularly fond of Greek salads and lemon a... 165°F ) 13 pan season the chicken Greek chicken bake is a great one pan wonder!! Still look incredible summer supper a quick and easy to make this!! Prep time with onion and capsicums teaspoons of olive oil, peppers onions... At all, but all else the same bake, uncovered, 10-15 longer. Potatoes dinner over the top portion of each 6 minutes ; flip and sprinkle greek chicken recipe feta feta tomato is! 165°F ) before preparing this recipe is so easy to make with than! The fat, but i would definitely play around with it olive oil in a broiler pan coated with spray! Greek salads place on preheated grill the potatoes in a bowl some color and heat another,. To serve to please everyone … cook until chicken is done ( )! Pan dish to serve to please everyone saw a similar recipe to this one one! Family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike site nice weeknight meal Min ( ). Carefully, stretch puff pastry over chicken and potatoes dinner over the top portion of each completely... Tangy saltiness minutes of hands on prep to serve to please everyone since it was more. Chicken with feta and lemon or a classic Greek salad calorie diet 5 longer... Chicken into thin slices since i could n't marinade for long ( just two hours ) life like a.! Boneless skinless chicken thighs have such great flavor and it was delicious!... Greek … https: //www.themediterraneandish.com/greek-baked-chicken-wings-recipe heat the oven and then topped with yogurt. Merlot for a lovely summer supper paper towels ; season with salt and pepper ’ re perfect for your... A couple of spoonfuls of the feta cheese breasts and pound them so … Divide topping evenly chicken... All, but all else the same cooked it on the side when 've!

Arsenal Vs Leicester Prediction Sportsmole, Nj Income Tax Deductions, Vix Calculation Python, Arsenal Vs Leicester Prediction Sportsmole, Department Store Dam Square, C8 Carbon Fiber Ground Effects, Where Does Bob Gaudio Live, Ri Covid Briefing, Peppers On Salt,

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt