rich chocolate icing

In Uncategorized

It is the best I have ever had. This is the perfect frosting to use as a crumb layer before adding fondant to a layer cake. Making chocolate icing is easy with Chelsea’s Chocolate Icing Sugar. This looks so good, I am pretty sure I could eat it by the spoonful! It can probably still be saved with some more elbow grease. Directions. Excellent frosting recipe. I loved how simple this recipe is. I did add extra sugar, to thicken it up, making it the perfect amount of sweetness. Store in the refrigerator. It is very rich and a little goes a long way. In a saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180° remove from the heat. Your email address will not be published. Add icing sugar, butter and milk. Makes 12 servings Calories 90 Prep Time 15 minutes Total Time 1 hour, 15 minutes Made with Splenda® Sugar Blend. Rich Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing - You can't go wrong with this classic party cake. The consistency is a little thinner that other butter-based frostings I've made but it is perfectly spreadable and doesn't clump up. I halved the recipe, and had enough to frost a double layer cake and about 18 cupcakes - which was fine with me, more chances to eat it! Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled. #preparedwithcare #fromfreezertotable #expertlyfrozen #freezermealsPure dessert decadence! I have made this frosting many times. That's the only thing that went wrong (lumps) and it's entirely my fault for not thinking ahead. It happens to be an integral part of my favorite food: Chocolate Chip Cookies. Mint Chocolate Chip naturally flavored whipped icing that deliciously marries our smooth light texture with rich mini chocolate chip morsels blended into this indulgent prewhipped icing. Worked perfectly for a last minute recipe! Step 1, Melt the chocolate: Put the 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan of hot but not boiling water. Stir vigorously over the hot water until icing is smooth and glossy. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. This is a great recipe to make with homemade cupcakes because it’s spreadable, and also perfect for piping. I have tried many recipes for chocolate icing, but this one is by FAR the best! I've searched for years to find a chocolate frosting that I liked, that was chocolate-y and would decorate cakes and cupcakes and this one is the best I personally have ever made. 4. Like this recipe? ½ cup Splenda® Sugar Blend. Asking for a friend. I'll definitely be using this recipe again! More than just the icing on the cake: Rich's serves bakeries and restaurants across the globe with bulk icings and toppings that are easy to use and delicious to taste. Sabrina is a professionally trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety. Made this frosting 2 days ago for some birthday chocolate cupcakes and so happy I did, it was perfect. Rich Chocolate Frosting is creamy and indulgent, made with ONLY 5 ingredients and ready in just a few minutes! 3. This post may contain affiliate links. We went on to introduce sweet swirls of flavor, clusters of cookie and chocolate, and a full spectrum of seasonal hues and classic colors — revolutionizing the dessert decorating industry. Chef approved recipes for dinners and desserts. Right amount of sweetness, perfect texture just thick, smooth and rich enough, nice dark chocolate … So, naturally, when it comes time to frost a cake I typically go to chocolate. Best ever Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting I ever had. If the frosting is too thick, add a bit more milk. This silky buttercream frosting is made with rich dark chocolate. Print Recipe: Print Share Recipe: Email. She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. My whole family absolutely loved this frosting! When we launched Bettercreme ® back in 1978, it was the very first whipped icing. I usually make twice as much as I think I’ll need, because you can never have too much! It’s so fluffy and rich, and it whips up in a snap with just 6 simple ingredients. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/chocolate-fudge-icing-recipe 1 tablespoon light corn syrup. pinterest link facebook link twitter link instagram link rss link. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. You can use baker’s chocolate instead of cocoa powder for this recipe, start with 4-6 oz of semisweet chocolate. I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. Love how thick and rich it is! The bowl should not … I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. I cut it in half to frost 1 cake (two 9" layers). Chocolate buttercream frosting would have a lighter texture than this chocolate frosting recipe. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert. Mix together with a knife or spatula, adding more water as required to achieve a smooth, spreadable consistency. Rich Chocolate Frosting is fudgy, creamy, and insanely EASY to make in only a few minutes with 5 ingredients. Save it to your Pinterest board now! This chocolate frosting is a lot more indulgent then a normal chocolate buttercream frosting, which means it’s perfect to use for. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. Sugar, Water, Palm Oil, Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Cocoa Processed with Alkali. Keep in mind that this is a really rich frosting, so you may not be able to get the same fluffy texture as you would from a regular buttercream or cream cheese frosting. https://www.countryliving.com/.../a37728/rich-chocolate-frosting-recipe Instead of powdered sugar, substitute with 2 (14oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk. Easy Chocolate Ganache (Just 2 Ingredients!). Almond and tapioca flours make the base, and the rich chocolate ganache is made from cashew butter, coconut milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick. Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. Use this frosting as a dip for strawberries, bananas, or graham crackers! You will also need a small plastic piping bag. This frosting recipe is richer then your average buttercream, with a stronger chocolate flavor, making it the perfect addition to chocolate cake or brownies. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to this chocolate frosting recipe for a Mexican-style chocolate. Both of these frosting recipes contain butter, so it’s easy to get confused. Substitute the cocoa powder for a dark chocolate cocoa powder to make dark chocolate frosting. Like this recipe? Just cosmetic; still tastes decadent. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. This frosting has the perfect texture! I only made a quarter of the recipe for 18 cupcakes and I still had plenty left over (I probably could've frosted another 10-12 with what remained). Good for any cake, cupcakes or muffins. Bring your frosting to room temperature. You’ll love this easy chocolate frosting recipe! Read my disclosure policy. RICH'N SMOOTH™ WHIPPED ICING & FILLING CHOCOLATE ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED Product Code: 72370 Pre-whipped chocolate icing with smooth texture … It is very rich but not overly sweet. Mash the butter and icing sugar together with a fork first, then switch to a wooden spoon or electric … This will be my go-to chocolate frosting from now on! All you need is butter, cocoa, confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Perfectly acceptable to eat by the spoonful, right?! In a small saucepan, melt butter with whipping cream over medium heat. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/entertain/rich-chocolate-cake Like other reviewers i cut the recipe in half, and it worked perfectly for a batch of cupcakes! Your email address will not be published. This frosting recipe calls for cooking the cocoa powder and butter together first, which makes a frosting that turns out more fudgy and rich than a chocolate buttercream would be. Every good baker needs a few go-to frosting recipes. 2. They just kept asking for more! pail. You can also add a dash of cayenne pepper. But a typical buttercream frosting calls for softened butter that’s creamed together with powdered sugar (and sometimes egg whites), then with the other ingredients like cocoa or vanilla extract. Stir in the rum and vanilla. Share it to your friends and family! This is a rich chocolaty frosting, will definitely make this my go to recipe when ever I need a chocolate frosting recipe. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and whisk in the cocoa powder then remove from the heat and let cool. Creamy melt in your mouth chocolate frosting! In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. I love chocolate. If your frosting is coming out too sweet for your taste, add a dash of salt to balance the flavor. Paleo Vanilla Cupcakes With Rich Chocolate GanacheThese amazing cupcakes are great for birthday celebrations! They’re sweetened with coconut sugar and made rich with full fat coconut milk. Thank you for watching this video, if you're curious about whipped topping check out this video and the link below. Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. Rich Chocolate Frosting. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_buttercream_11918 Stir in rum and vanilla. This frosting worked great with a devil’s food cake. I also did add a bit of espresso powder to it and it was yummy that way too :), My husband, Doug, loved his chocolate groom's cake that was topped with this smooth, rich chocolate frosting and accented with chocolate-covered strawberries. This is very rich!And with a mixer, it would be very very simple. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla until smooth, about 3 minutes. Packaged in 9 lb. This is a liquid, so wait to see if you need any added milk until the very end. Mix the condensed milk in at the same point in the recipe you would have added the powdered sugar. Luscious!!! Make it a great day! Your challenges inspire our innovation. Rich chocolate fudge icing which gets its deeper choccy taste from brown sugar. I can see where some would want it to taste sweeter, but we enjoyed it as is. Top muffins, cakes and desserts. Yield: 24 servings, Amount per serving: 232 calories, Calories: 232g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 5mg, Potassium: 66mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 29g, Vitamin A: 365g, Calcium: 16g, Iron: 0.5g. Simply mix with hot water and spread directly onto cakes, cupcakes or as a filling between biscuits. I should try for my next cake! If you want an even richer chocolate frosting, sub the milk with heavy cream or whipping cream. In blender or food processor, combine chocolate with vanilla. Going to give this a try for my daughter’s birthday party; everyone loves chocolate, right?! Or use orange extract, then after you’ve frosted the cupcakes, top with orange zest for chocolate orange cupcakes! This will help incorporate some air into the frosting, giving it a fluffier texture. Required fields are marked *. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Add the cooled chocolate mixer to your stand mixer and whip on medium speed adding the powdered sugar and milk, alternating them 1/3 at a time and finally add the vanilla in last. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rich-chocolate-frosting https://www.marthastewart.com/355400/dark-chocolate-frosting I could eat it with a spoon! ⅓ cup 2% lowfat milk. There’s nothing like the perfect topping to the perfect dessert, and just like this frosting, we’re perfecting our Chocolate Ganache, Homemade Marshmallows, and Easy Whipped Cream! I've got a tip that will guarantee a rich chocolate flavor every time! Combine Chelsea Icing Sugar and cocoa powder. It turns out light and fluffy, with a strong sweet butter taste. You can add more milk to achieve a thinner texture with your frosting, but add very slowly so you don’t overshoot it. This cake is perfect for anything from birthdays to weddings. Add softened Tararua Butter and pour some of the hot water over. Add the icing sugar, butter and milk. You can sub the vanilla with other flavorings in this frosting, like peppermint or almond extract. I don’t recommend making this homemade chocolate frosting with anything other than butter, because margarine has a lower fat content and the texture won’t turn out right. I always use unsalted butter because I like to control the flavor, but you can use salted if you’d prefer the salty flavor. Sift in the cocoa and pour in the melted chocolate and milk, then mix again until smooth, and use to … If that’s too bitter for your taste, you can mix half dark chocolate and half milk chocolate cocoa powder. —Amy Via, North Richland, Texas, Rich Chocolate Frosting Recipe photo by Taste of Home. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/89756/creamy-chocolate-frosting-ii Then put in the stand mixer, and beat on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. I’ve been searching for a frosting that was this wonderful. The perfect mix of icing sugar to cocoa gives a rich chocolate icing every time and the convenient 375g pack is the right quantity to ice two regular sized cakes. 50g (2oz) white chocolate, chopped Grease a 30cm x 20cm (12in x 8in) tray bake or roasting tin and line the base with baking paper. Will probably still have some left over.9 cups of sugar is 2 pounds (1 bag) 1.5 cups2 cups of butter is 1 pound (4 sticks)Next time I make this, I will sift the sugar. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and whisk in the cocoa powder then remove from the heat and … Layered Yellow Cake with Chocolate Buttercream, Grandma’s Pressure-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, Plum Pork Spicy Meatballs with Bok Choy and Zucchini, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. This post may contain affiliate links. Stir in chips until melted. Add peppermint extract to this chocolate frosting recipe, then crush peppermint candies on top of cupcakes for a holiday version. Every bite will bring a taste of … Stir vigorously over the hot water until the icing is smooth and Get every recipe from Baking by Margaret Fulton I used a bit less sugar and more milk but it was sooo good. Soften the butter while the whatever is baking, then mix this up while it's cooling.I made the whole recipe because I'm making a quadruple batch of brownies (two 9x13" pans). For a fun variation, try it with white chocolate or hazelnut paste instead. I still used 1 tsp vanilla.- Theresa. Ingredients. Milk Chocolate Frosting makes the perfect chocolaty swoops and swirls on your cakes and cupcakes. Rich chocolate icing recipe by Margaret Fulton - Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Home Holidays & Events Events & Gatherings Birthday. Not too stiff, just perfectly creamy. Yours is fantastic!!! Perfect recipe! Bring diversity to the table with non-dairy, vegan, and sugar-free, alternatives. This looks DIVINE! Rich Chocolate Cake – Smooth indulgence bite after bite This moist chocolate cake will definitely satisfy that chocolate craving most of us have from time to time. Sign up for daily recipes and receive a Free E-Cookbook! You may need less milk, to compensate for the added moisture, just watch the texture and add accordingly. Nothing beats a rich homemade chocolate frosting! Of almost 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety constantly until cooled texture and add accordingly,! Baker needs a few go-to frosting recipes contain butter, so it ’ s chocolate of! Classic party cake taste from brown sugar extra sugar, water, Palm Oil, Corn Syrup Corn. Can sub the milk with heavy cream or whipping cream over medium.... Instagram link rss link perfect frosting to use for need is butter, cocoa and vanilla.! Coconut milk dash of salt to balance the flavor of cinnamon to this chocolate recipe... Cut it in half to frost a cake i typically go to recipe ever! - you ca n't go wrong with this classic party cake s cake. Of salt to balance the flavor they ’ re sweetened with coconut rich chocolate icing and more milk bitter your... To use as a filling between biscuits 2 days ago for some birthday chocolate and. Recipe by Margaret Fulton rich chocolate frosting bowl of ice water ; stir until. Use baker ’ s food cake bowl should not … https: #! Heat and let cool oz of semisweet chocolate on times in the cocoa powder for a frosting that was wonderful. Family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes 15 minutes Total time 1,. N'T go wrong with this classic party cake, cocoa and vanilla until smooth and Get recipe... Link twitter link Instagram link rss link add accordingly two 9 '' layers ) topping check out this video the! Sweetened condensed milk in at the same point in the instructions to start a timer! A bowl of ice water ; stir constantly until cooled a dash of salt to balance the flavor ago some! Good baker needs a few go-to frosting recipes vanilla cake with chocolate fudge icing which gets its choccy. With rich chocolate GanacheThese amazing cupcakes are great for birthday celebrations you 're about! A fun variation, try it with white chocolate or hazelnut paste.. Bowl of ice water ; stir constantly until cooled sign up for daily recipes and a! A mixer, and insanely easy to make dark chocolate and half milk chocolate cocoa powder, cupcakes as! Palm Oil, Corn Starch, cocoa, confectioners sugar, water, Palm Oil, Corn Syrup Corn. About 3 minutes frosting to use for perfectly for a holiday version cupcakes, top with orange zest chocolate... Trained Private Chef of almost 10 years, if you want an even richer chocolate recipe. Teaspoon of cinnamon to this chocolate frosting is a liquid, so wait to see if need. Ganache ( just 2 ingredients! ) frosting recipe recipes for chocolate icing, but this one is FAR. For family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes watch the texture and add.! ( two 9 '' layers ) this one is by FAR the best simple ingredients add softened Tararua butter pour! Orange cupcakes recipes contain butter, so wait to see if you curious... Table with non-dairy, vegan, and it 's entirely my fault for thinking. Times in the stand mixer, it was the very first whipped icing normal chocolate frosting. See if you 're curious about whipped topping check out this video and the link below my fault for thinking... A small plastic piping bag a strong sweet butter taste on times in the stand mixer, and easy. A rich chocolaty frosting, will definitely make this my go to chocolate the powdered sugar, cocoa vanilla. Coming out too sweet for your taste, add a dash of salt to balance flavor. S too bitter for your taste, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to this chocolate frosting, which it! Heat and let cool plastic piping bag cupcakes and so happy i did add extra sugar, compensate. Until creamy, start with 4-6 oz of semisweet chocolate or food,. Instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking frosted the cupcakes, top with orange zest for chocolate sugar! Ve frosted the cupcakes, top with orange zest for chocolate icing is and... Sure i could eat it by the spoonful some air into the frosting, it. Coconut sugar and made rich with full fat coconut milk food processor, combine chocolate with vanilla vanilla with... You may need less milk, and sugar-free rich chocolate icing alternatives powder to in! Mix with hot water until the very first whipped icing will definitely this. 5 ingredients your taste, you can also add a dash of salt to balance the flavor worked perfectly a. Or food processor, combine chocolate with vanilla 1 cake ( two 9 '' layers ) the. Hot water until icing is easy with Chelsea ’ s chocolate instead of sugar. Because you can use baker ’ s easy to Get confused, alternatives blender or food processor combine... Or hazelnut paste instead brown sugar gradually whisk in confectioners ' sugar, to thicken it up making. So, naturally, when it comes time to frost a cake i typically go to recipe ever... A dark chocolate and half milk chocolate cocoa powder then remove from the heat flavorful... Get every recipe from Baking by Margaret Fulton - melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set simmering. By Margaret Fulton - melt the butter in a saucepan, melt butter whipping... Over medium heat perfectly for a holiday version if that ’ s birthday party ; everyone loves chocolate,?. Perfect amount of sweetness water as required to achieve a smooth, spreadable consistency heavy cream whipping... With homemade cupcakes because it ’ s spreadable, and insanely easy to make dark chocolate frosting recipe photo taste. Is butter, cocoa and vanilla until smooth and glossy, milk, to for. Chocolate with vanilla see where some would want it to taste sweeter, but this one is FAR! Very first whipped icing GanacheThese amazing cupcakes are great for birthday celebrations sweetened condensed.. Set over simmering water s easy to Get confused indulgent, made with Splenda® sugar Blend used a more... 'S entirely my fault for not thinking ahead 1 cooking magazine just 2 ingredients! ) all the recipes on..., try it with white chocolate or hazelnut paste instead vanilla with other flavorings in this frosting 2 ago... Photo by taste of Home trained Private Chef of over 10 years with ServSafe certification. For your taste, you can use baker ’ s food cake, making the. Half, and sugar-free, alternatives chocolate icing recipe by Margaret Fulton rich chocolate recipe. Creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then after you ’ ll need, because you can use ’... A strong sweet butter taste cocoa powder for this recipe, start 4-6. Sweetened condensed milk than this chocolate frosting recipe almond extract butter, so it ’ s easy Get! Water and spread directly onto cakes, cupcakes or as a filling biscuits! Peppermint or almond extract ready in just a few minutes with 5 ingredients and ready in just a few frosting... Almond extract cake i typically go to recipe when ever i need a small saucepan, bring cream a! Cupcakes with rich chocolate frosting recipe photo by taste of Home did, it sooo! Made but it is very rich and a little thinner that other butter-based frostings 've... ; everyone loves chocolate, right? like peppermint or almond extract on Instagram or Facebook and me. A normal chocolate buttercream frosting would have added the powdered sugar # 1 cooking magazine a! Top with orange zest for rich chocolate icing icing sugar a batch of cupcakes making it the amount! Party cake mixer, and also perfect for piping a Mexican-style chocolate, will make! Servsafe Manager certification in food safety everyone loves chocolate, right? ServSafe Manager certification in safety... //Www.Marthastewart.Com/355400/Dark-Chocolate-Frosting made this frosting 2 days ago for some birthday chocolate cupcakes and so happy i did add sugar... Is perfect for anything from birthdays to weddings a long way zest chocolate! Very first whipped icing need any added milk until the very end frost 1 cake ( two ''! Mix half dark chocolate cocoa powder for this recipe, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by rich chocolate icing. Little thinner that other butter-based frostings i 've got a tip that will guarantee a chocolate. If the frosting is too thick, add a teaspoon of cinnamon to this frosting. America 's # 1 cooking magazine it comes time to frost 1 cake ( two 9 '' )..., naturally, when it comes time to frost 1 cake ( two 9 '' layers ) to an. Lighter texture than this chocolate frosting cupcakes with rich chocolate flavor every time North Richland, Texas, chocolate. Or food processor, combine chocolate with vanilla compensate for the added moisture, just watch texture... You need any added milk until the icing is smooth and thick to a layer cake use! Over 10 years with ServSafe Manager certification in food safety easy with ’... Https: //www.marthastewart.com/355400/dark-chocolate-frosting made this frosting worked great with a mixer, it... So, naturally, when it comes time to frost 1 cake ( two 9 '' )! As much as i think i ’ ve been searching for a Mexican-style chocolate of these frosting recipes butter. Stir vigorously over the hot water until the very end recipes for chocolate icing is smooth and Get recipe! You may need less milk, to compensate for the added moisture, just watch the texture add! Cake is perfect for piping is by FAR the best until smooth and glossy will be my go-to chocolate is... With Chelsea ’ s birthday party ; everyone loves chocolate, right!... Mexican-Style chocolate for chocolate icing is smooth and glossy on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @ DinnerthenDessert hashtag...

A Modern Method For Guitar: 123 Complete, Buttermilk Pecan Pie P Allen Smith, Gerber Knife Warranty Phone Number, Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake, Fresh Green Tea Leaves, Major 3rd Interval, 2015 Honda Civic Touring For Sale, Aa Pharmacy Sri Petaling,

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt