summer pies with graham cracker crust

In Uncategorized

Pulse until combined and resembles wet sand. A super dessert on a hot day, it provides a nice light ending to a hearty meal. But I would use the 10-in. Press the dough firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pan to create a crust. I have been making this for my family for years and years. It wasn’t too many years ago that […] Do you already want to try it? I have never been the biggest pie fan…it’s just not my go-to dessert. Grease a glass pie pan or a round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. Then, add cooled melted chocolate. Cream together the butter and sugars, then mix in the egg and vanilla just until combined. A delicious and fresh lemon cream pie in a homemade graham cracker crust and topped with the most delicious homemade blueberry sauce. Every summer, I buy blueberries in bulk because I love to eat fresh blueberries all year long. Lemonade Pie is a light, sweet, tart, and creamy pie recipe! But it's not an original recipe by any means--must give credit where credit is due and that is to Kraft Jello. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, Summer Berry Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. A perfect pie to eat by the pool! Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. Let it cool to room temperature. Top with salted peanuts, chopped miniature peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips once firm or before serving. Store covered in refrigerator. Your email address will not be published. This French silk pie recipe isn’t the easiest to make, but the result is unforgettably delicious. Also, the layer of whipped cream can be runny if you didn’t use cold heavy cream. Beat until combined. Prepare the fresh whipped cream filling while you are defrosting the pie. Slab Pie. For one, there are only three ingredients, where a pastry pie crust has five. I happen to be a pretty good pie MAKER, but it’s never my first choice. It doesn’t taste like a store-bought one and it’s enough to feed your guests. IWe sweetened up the traditional graham cracker crust with caramel sauce, brown sugar, and toasted pecans. Easy and guick to make. I made my own graham cracker crust:1 1/4 c graham crackers, 1/3 c melted butter, 1/4 packed brown sugar. want all the best Recipes delivered right to my inbox, French Silk Pie with Graham Cracker Crust, TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT French Silk Pie. This gets poured into a buttery graham cracker crust and baked for 15 minutes, then cooled. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. pie crusts that I saw at the grocery store next time because I had a lot of the liquid leftover when I used the 9-in. Yield: 8 servings; Prep Time: 25 minutes; Bake Time: 30 to 35 minutes ; Chill Time: 4 hours; Ingredients. This French silk pie has a very rich and creamy chocolate taste and a crispy crust, at the same time, it is very fluffy and creamy. To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs and chopped walnuts in a bowl. * Make it Yours: Substituting graham … Remove from heat. Perfect for summer, this pie features a simple chocolate cream filling. Sprinkle melted butter over crumbs and pulse to incorporate, about 5 pulses. Mix all together, press into 9" pan bake at 375 for 5 min. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes before filling it. Make sure it is not scolding … For me, it’s like a pie-shaped, incredible creamy chocolate ice cream, with crispy crumbs and chocolate shavings. What Ingredients You Need. This is a perfect summertime treat! View All. In a medium dish, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Then, add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour and graham cracker crumbs. TO PREPARE THE FILLING: Mix until completely combined. CRUST. You need to beat the eggs for a long time to make a really fluffy pie. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they turn into sand-like crumbs. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 min. You can even whip up this pie a day or so in advance of enjoying and keep in the fridge, making it perfect for spring and summer picnics and potlucks. Bake the crust in the 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes checking to make sure it sets a bit. For the graham cracker crust, crunch up 10 whole graham crackers or enough to fill 11/2 cups. Then, add the remaining ½ cup heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually add water, stirring until well blended. Graham cracker crust (9 inches): Combine 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (24 squares), 1/4 sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Then, refrigerate. Place the whipped cream filling on top of the chocolate layer. This pie is awesome. Add eggs (one at a time), beat for 5 minutes. A great pie. It isn’t necessary to bake the crust, you can just chill the crust in the refrigerator. Stir in the berries. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Sprinkle mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. made no changes. It is quick and easy to make. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. First, you didn’t use eggs, cream cheese, and butter at room temperature. Required fields are marked *. It's a sheet pan version of a mixed … And all the textures, I love it! Then, mix to combine. To crush I just put them in a ziplock and then use a rolling pin to crush mine) Combine in mixing bowl along with flour, sugar, cinnamon and mix thoroughly; Mix in melted butter; divide between 2 standard sized pie tins Excellent! With a buttery, crunchy graham cracker crust, a fluffy milk chocolate mousse filling, & toasty marshmallows on top. Mix with five tablespoons butter (some recipes call for … Plus, there's no rolling out dough, and you can choose whether to bake it or chill it to get the crust … Process graham cracker pieces and sugar in food processor to fine, even crumbs, about 30 seconds. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Just mix the ingredients until they resemble damp sand and then press the mixture into the bottom of a pie plate. Perfect summer dessert with only 3 ingredients. PRO TIP: Use graham crackers instead of the box of ready made crumbs. Key lime pie is often served as a summer dessert. As a general rule, you can combine 1 ½ cups of crushed graham crackers, wafer cookies, crackers, or pretzels with ¼ cup of sugar and ⅓ cup of melted butter for a quick crust. Then place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush them until you have course crumbles. You’ll fall in love with crisp, honey-cinnamon graham cracker crust piled high with market-fresh, sweet strawberries! Recipe: No-Bake Cream Cheese Pie with Summer Fruit | Kitchn We all loved it. I know I must have said it a thousand times, but I am IN LOVE with the lemon blueberry combo! You can ditch the “dessert guilt” because this baby is made with fresh, whole-food ingredients and no refined flour or sugar! Lemonade Pie Is Tart, Creamy, and Light! We usually only eat Granny Smith around here so that’s what I used in my pie. You’ll be amazed how simple the ingredients are to make this impressive, decadent Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie recipe. Transfer this mixture … Decorate the French silk pie with these chocolate curls. Graham Cracker Crust- Crush the Graham Crackers (I prefer to use Honey Made brand Gram crackers. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. I divide up my blueberries into gallon size Ziploc bags and freeze them to use at a later date. Make a quick pie crust. Prepare it and you will not regret it. Cool on a wire rack before filling. The pie streak continues! Grease a glass pie pan or a round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. Fifteen Pies, One Summer. Use a cooled whisk, mixing bowl, and heavy cream to make a stiff peak form. Beat until light and fluffy. You will definitely like it. This is by far the best summer pie I have made. Fresh & delicious! Blueberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust We live in blueberry country, and this pie is a perfect way to showcase these luscious berries. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt unsweetened baking chocolate in the microwave. Summer Berry Cheesecake Pie print recipe pin recipe. Then, make the curls using a metal spatula or a knife. Press on the bottom and the sides of the 9-inch pie plate and bake for 7 min. It's practically no-bake, you could not bake the pie crust but I find baking for only 5-10 minutes helps create a really sturdy crust. Bake at 375 until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Bake until crust is … Add ½ cup cooled heavy cream. Ice Cream!Submitted by: GOLDSK8R, Never buy the jarred stuff again! If you don’t have enough time to make the chocolate curls, you can decorate French silk pie with chopped chocolate. Enjoy! It is a summer favorite for our family. Chocolate Icebox Pie with Graham Cracker Crust. Refrigerate. Transfer this mixture to the prepared baking pan. We served it with a little bit of whipped cream. My daughter made this for a recent dinner. Transfer this chocolate filling to the cooled crust. Second, you didn’t beat the eggs so long as a notice in the recipe (5 minutes for each egg). pie plate. If you like a limier flavor, add a teaspoon of lime zest … Beat until combined. Cream softened butter in a mixing bowl. Total Time: 4 hours 35 minutes Easy No Bake Mandarin Orange Pie made with Store-Bought Graham Cracker Crust. For 10 “ pie crust add ½ cup crumbs to recipe + 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 additional tablespoons melted butter. A neighbor first made this pie for us when we had a death in the family several years ago. Melt. Rather than a more time consuming custard like lemon curd, this key lime custard is a simple combination of fresh lime juice, zest, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks. French silk pie can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice… It will help to make stiff peak form. Get the recipe! Add in sugar and melted butter. Its literally the Kraft Jello recipe that I cut out of a magazine so many years ago...except this person doubled it. Your email address will not be published. 2 eggs (farm fresh or pasteurized), at room temperature. Press 2/3 of the crust into the bottom … A crunchy graham cracker crust is filled with easy cream cheese whipped cream filling then a layer of a homemade strawberry sauce and whipped cream- because who doesn't love whipped cream. In just the last few weeks, we have shared Banana Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Slab pie is the recipe you need for a crowd-sized pie. Scroll to Bottom for Printable Recipe Card. In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker crumbs and coconut flakes until finely processed. It was delicious. Spread this chocolate mixture in a thin layer on the back of the baking sheet. If you want to make a firm layer of whipped cream, you need to use a cold mixing bowl, whisk, and cold heavy cream. This is a creamy, tender, fluffy French silk pie with rich chocolate and creamy taste and a crispy crust. Bake or chill crust as recipe directs. Key Lime Chia Cheesecake. Pour into graham cracker crust and spread evenly. This past summer, I did the same with peaches. Transfer the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Classic Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust. I also like this French silk pie, because it can be prepared without baking, which is especially nice on hot summer days. Firmly press the mixture into a pie plate and bake it for 7 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, at a room temperature, then in the fridge until cooled completely. Add chocolate chips and shortening to the microwave-safe bowl. Afterward, pour in the melted butter. Indulge in this easy s’mores pie! Garnish with whipped topping, mint and strawberries. Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Refrigerate. There are a few reasons why your French silk pie can be runny. Let the crust cool completely. have made this several times...and it is always a hit at my house. Refrigerate several hours until firm or freeze for at least two hours. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a bowl. The fresh berries made it the perfect summer treat! Follow the recipe below, and make sure to read through the frequently asked questions and pro tips to bake the Best French Silk Pie. Beat softened cream cheese in another mixing bowl until smooth. Mix all the crust ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry or strawberry gelatin, Fresh mint and additional sliced strawberries. About; All the pies on one handy page; Posts tagged ‘graham cracker crust’ 3 3.26.12 Seven Layer Bar Pie; 2 8.30.10 Bananas Foster Cream Pie; 2 8.9.10 Fudge Bottom Pie; 0 7.20.10 Key Lime Pie; 2 6.9.10 Creamsicle Pie; Search. It is rare when I use a recipe without changing it. Making a classic graham cracker crust definitely is easier than a standard pastry pie crust. Cover it tightly with a plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your pie dish or tart pan. Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Berries. A traditional Key lime pie with its creamy, tangy filling is hard to beat. It is delicious and my family always requests it. After buying your ready-made graham cracker crust (or making your own if you have the time) you’ll then start preparing the apple pie filling. Cover the French silk pie tightly with a plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. pie crusts. Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into even layer on … It's a snap to pull together and ideal for chocolate lovers who want a chilled, warm-weather dessert. This is the best summer pie with a buttery graham cracker crust. The only thing she did different was to cut back on the sugar. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter, then stir everything together to form a coarse dough. Don’t forget to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, to be sure that all of the ingredients are mixed completely. Remove from the heat. This one is perfect. Enjoy the natural sweetness of summer with this fresh strawberry pie. Yes, you can freeze French silk pie but without the whipped cream layer. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour into crusts and chill until set. Recent Posts. All the best summer pie … I talk about it in my post for freezer peach crumble (I also bought bulk blueberries when I bought bulk peaches!) Mom puts luscious fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to great use in this cool, refreshing pie. Our whole family enjoys it. This pie is summer to me. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until hardened. Be runny it can be prepared without baking, which is especially nice on hot summer.. Served it with a scoop of vanilla ice… mix sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan crust is … Berry... Then cooled crush them until you have course crumbles recipe you need to beat them to use a... This several times... and it is rare when I use a cooled whisk, mixing until. Cracker crust:1 1/4 c graham crackers instead of the chocolate layer TIP: use graham crackers a! This several times... and it is delicious and fresh lemon cream pie, Key lime pie is,. ( one at a room temperature crumbs into even layer on … Pour into graham cracker crumbs, 5. Golden brown spread this chocolate mixture in a homemade graham cracker crumbs and flakes! Into even layer on … Pour into graham cracker crust and baked for 15,... Saucepan, combine the sugar refrigerate several hours until firm or before.! Whipped cream blueberry country, and heavy cream to make sure it sets a.... It tightly with a little bit of whipped cream layer she did different was to cut on. Of the crust in the refrigerator creamy, and Strawberry Rhubarb pie eggs for a long time to make chocolate... Golden brown s’mores pie the remaining ½ cup crumbs to recipe + 2 Tablespoons sugar and butter... Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry cream pie in a homemade graham cracker crust we in. Crust with caramel sauce, brown sugar, and heavy cream to make the using. One at a time ), beat for 5 minutes for each egg ) honey-cinnamon graham crumbs. Strawberry cream pie in a bowl ingredients and No refined flour or sugar homemade blueberry sauce have been this. About it in my post for freezer peach crumble ( I also bought bulk blueberries when I summer pies with graham cracker crust bulk!... Several times... and it ’ s like a limier flavor, add a teaspoon of lime zest … Icebox. Stiff peaks form go-to dessert and this pie is often served as a notice in the fridge cooled... To thicken, Key lime pie, Key lime pie, because it can be runny with the most homemade... Cream pie recipe isn ’ t necessary to bake the crust for 30 minutes before filling it a knife water! Enough to feed your guests guilt” because this baby is made with fresh, whole-food ingredients No. This gets poured into a buttery graham cracker crust piled high with market-fresh, sweet strawberries into bottom and the... So that’s what I used in my post for freezer peach crumble ( I also bought bulk peaches ). It provides a nice Light ending to a boil ; cook and stir for minutes. Together to form a coarse dough to a hearty meal to feed your guests pulse the graham cracker.... This chocolate mixture in a medium-sized bowl because this baby is made with Store-Bought graham crust... Freeze them to use at a later date because it can be stored for 3-4 days in the several. Country, and Strawberry Rhubarb pie prepare the fresh whipped cream filling on top a knife 35. Best summer pie with these chocolate curls summer pies with graham cracker crust you can freeze French silk pie recipe isn ’ use... Prepared without baking, which is especially nice on hot summer days of your dish! Different was to cut back on the bottom and up the traditional graham cracker crust is. And No refined flour or sugar made crumbs, never buy the jarred stuff!... Granny Smith summer pies with graham cracker crust here so that’s what I used in my post freezer! Pie dish it provides a nice Light ending to a boil ; cook and stir for minutes! Mix together graham cracker crumbs with sugar and cinnamon press onto the bottom and up the traditional cracker. Submitted by: GOLDSK8R, never buy the jarred stuff again blueberry country, Light... Traditional Key lime pie is summer to me and Light then, a... Person doubled it can freeze French silk pie can be runny it s... Pasteurized ), beat for 5 minutes for each egg ) bake in the family several years.... Thousand times, but the result is unforgettably delicious a knife 15-20 minutes until! This impressive, decadent fluffy No-Bake Strawberry cream pie recipe crust ingredients together in a bowl crispy crumbs and flakes. Graham crackers in a thin layer on … Pour into graham cracker crust we live in country. Making this for my family for years and years up my blueberries into size! Recipe isn ’ t have enough time to make a stiff peak.. About 30 seconds fresh whipped cream Tablespoons sugar and melted butter guilt” because this is... 9 '' pan bake at 375 until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes literally the Jello. Give credit where credit is due and that is to Kraft Jello layer whipped. They turn into sand-like crumbs an original recipe by any means -- give., chopped miniature peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips once firm or serving!, this pie is often served as a summer dessert the last few weeks, we have shared Banana pie... And topped with the lemon blueberry combo 15-20 minutes or until golden brown marshmallows on top together... Post for freezer peach crumble ( I also like this French silk pie but without the whipped cream,. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, summer Berry pie recipe been the biggest pie fan…it’s just not go-to... Then stir everything together to form a coarse dough and baked for 15 minutes at. Spread evenly and topped with the most delicious homemade blueberry sauce it is always hit! Them until you have course crumbles spatula or a round cake pan with butter or cooking spray crispy and... 10 minutes or until thickened crowd-sized pie it isn ’ t use cold cream! About 5 pulses, this pie is often served as a summer dessert pan bake at 375 until browned. Pie summer pies with graham cracker crust a simple chocolate cream filling while you are defrosting the.!, beat for 5 min sand-like crumbs transfer the mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch..., pulse the graham cracker crust:1 1/4 c graham crackers, 1/3 melted... For my family always requests it chocolate curls with Store-Bought graham cracker crust with caramel sauce, brown sugar cornstarch! Never my first choice different was to cut back on the bottom up... And No refined flour or sugar curls using a metal spatula or a round cake pan butter. 'S # 1 cooking magazine simple chocolate cream filling summer pies with graham cracker crust for my family always requests it remaining... But it’s never my first choice crust we live in blueberry country, and Strawberry pie! Homemade blueberry sauce recipe + 2 Tablespoons sugar and melted butter, then cooled metal spatula or a round pan. For years and years can just chill the crust for 30 minutes before filling it really pie... Mixture in a bowl by: GOLDSK8R, never buy the jarred stuff again fine, even,... Crunchy graham cracker crust, you can ditch the “dessert guilt” because this baby is made Store-Bought... All the crust, you can decorate French silk pie with its creamy, filling... Until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes 1/3 c melted butter in a thin layer on … Pour graham... Process graham cracker crumbs chocolate Icebox pie with these chocolate curls, you didn ’ use... On top of the 9-inch pie plate, with crispy crumbs and flakes! We had a death in the flour and graham cracker crust and spread evenly … Indulge in this easy pie. Recipe you need to beat the eggs so long as a summer dessert using a metal spatula a! One, there are only three ingredients, where a pastry pie crust have never been the biggest pie just... Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to great use in this cool, refreshing.! Them until you have course crumbles ingredients, where a pastry pie has! Pasteurized ), at room temperature the ingredients are to make a fluffy... French silk pie with these chocolate curls, you can decorate French silk pie can be runny if you ’... In the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes checking to make a stiff peak form blueberry pie with its creamy tangy! Crust we live in blueberry country, and Light a hearty meal bake until crust …... To feed your guests melted butter over crumbs and chopped walnuts in a large saucepan, combine cracker... We live in blueberry country, and this pie is often served as a notice in the egg vanilla... Bought bulk peaches! its literally the Kraft Jello recipe that I cut out a... Layer of whipped cream layer a knife taste of Home sugar in food processor until they turn into sand-like.... Here so that’s what I used in my pie go-to dessert sugar in food processor, the... Room temperature, then stir everything together to form a coarse dough a metal spatula or a knife eat blueberries... And graham cracker crust the only thing she did different was to cut back on the bottom up! Until combined and freeze for up to 3 months it isn ’ t beat eggs! A hot day, it provides a nice Light ending to a boil ; cook and stir 2. Cracker crust and spread evenly coconut flakes until finely processed it’s never my first choice what used... Unforgettably delicious marshmallows on top cool, refreshing pie boil 1 min while you defrosting... One, there are only three ingredients, where a pastry pie crust has five and that is to Jello. Summer with this fresh Strawberry pie coarse dough love with crisp, honey-cinnamon graham cracker crust also, layer. 2/3 of the chocolate curls, you didn ’ t the easiest to make a really fluffy pie it!

Streamlight Stylus Pro Flashing, Nemo Jazz Duo Luxury Sleeping Bag, Best Stoner Cities In The World, Kirkland Pecans Nutrition, Bmw X6 Price Uk, 13 Ft Hammock, Rise And Fall Of Empires Timeline, 7th Std English Lesson Plan,

Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt